Saturday 3 March 2012

Bitches be crazy

So... after about 4 hours of continued singing, I realize that even if I can sing like an opera goddess, I'm useless. Wanna know why? It's because I can't play the guitar or piano. I mean... I USED TO be able to... but I forgot nearly everything and I'm in serious need of a good reminder... so... yeah. I realized also that... my kind of music and jamming music is completely different. Not many people actually play my kind of songs and the songs they play are an absolute turn off for me. The only reason why I get excited when they play those songs is because... I know them (Normally, the songs are alien to me). Not because I like them. When I got home... I found myself, turning on my electone and desperately trying to remember chords and taking out my guitar to play it. I think I felt a little invisible... the whole damn day.

ANYWAAYYYYYY.....
After the usual morning Mr. Rey talks... we got up and walked around in the space. I cleared my mind... rid myself of all tired-ness and fatigue. Got all of the negative thoughts out of my head. Once we were all good, Mr. Rey told us to tickle each other. So... I got into tickling mode and tickled the hell out of my friends and made very high pitched squealing noises when somebody poked my ribs. It was very fun. I remember constantly trying to escape the claws of tickle death. Eventually, fun had to stop... for... EVEN MORE FUN!!!! We were asked to hug each other!!! YAY!!! I hugged so many people... I group hugged everyone too. I don't know about everyone else there... but I felt this very nice bonding time between us. Like we're one big happy family.

Later... we all got divided into 2 groups for a "Status" game. I was in group 1 with half the class and the other half was in group 2. Group 1 was high status at first. So... I had my shoulders back, chest up and I was basically the best thing in the whole room, along with my other group 1 mates. The group 2 were the low status people. So, chest in, feet in and shoulders rounded. As a high status character, I felt like I was intimidating the group 2's. At times when I wasn't intimidating them, I was just, kind of like... passing by with sheer brimming confidence. I think the Group 2's felt it too, so... they acted small and intimidated. Then... there was a switch of personalities. My group were the intimidated ones... and the group 2's were the intimidating ones. I realized that sometimes, it wasn't just intimidation. There was also acknowledgement between the ones with the same and different statuses. Sort of like... the high statuses saying "Hello. How do you do?" and the low statuses going "Umm... I'm... fine... thanks." and they smile sometimes.

Later, we had to do this thing where we were in high school and there were the nerds and the gangsters. I got to be the gangster and it was fun. I walked all high and mighty and shit. I did this gangster girl walk with my hips swaying side to side and I sashayed everywhere like I was the bomb. The nerds just sort of.... looked meek and dared not make eye contact at all. Then, the bullies got to bully the nerds! YEAH!!! I picked on V, she was a nerd that time. Valerie and I circled her like vultures and said things like "We own this school." and "You don't belong here." When Mr. Rey told us to end the scene, I put my hand up to her face and went "You should just go back to where you came from." DAMN!!! I loved that scene. What an ending that could have been!! Then... later, our roles got switched again. So, now, I was the nerd girl. However, Mr. Rey didn't want nerdy anymore... he wanted... poor. So... I was the poor kid along with the other poor kids. We talked to each other like we knew each others pain and became very submissive to the "rich" kids. So... when the rich kids came... they talked about their Starbucks. They didn't actually mean to insult us but... we poor kids felt insulted anyway. Just getting in the role here. So... yeah. It was pretty depressing for me because like... when I reacted as a shy, lonely, poor girl, it's like I became her. So, I instantly felt very small and powerless compared to the rich bitches in front of me. It felt real... at certain points. Funny how actions can totally shape your emotions as well.

Later... role change again. My group got to be the Alpha kids in the school. We weren't gangsters but we were hella smart. Our role was that we always got good grades, our CGPA was 3.7 ++ and we're supposed to be friends with the not-so-smart kids. I went with the Korean dude (I forgot his name) and we were like... talking about how I got into Penn state University and all and as the more dominating one, I say things like "Oh, don't worry, you'll do fine the next round. We could even be in the same uni in the future."
So, I was a high status character and my partner was low status but I was trying to lift up his ego for him to feel better and at the same level as me.

So... basically... the whole lesson was about getting into roles. Being people and getting into statuses. I re-learnt that you don't act and emotion you act an action that will eventually lead to an emotion and I had fun that day. : )))

No comments:

Post a Comment