Saturday 24 March 2012

Hairography

Why Malaysia? WHYYYY!!! Urgh, I swear... if it gets any hotter than it is right now, I'm going to blow a gasket. If I'm not mistaken, there was a time where it got so hot here in KL that I couldn't study without air conditioning at all. I think it was last year. It got so bad that you could step out of a shower and start sweating just because you moved to put on your clothes. I hope this is just momentary because tomorrow, I'm wearing my leopard printed dress ( yes, the very same one from the last post ) and I do NOT wanna be sweating all over it when I get to college. This time, I'm leaving extra early in the morning so my mom doesn't see me in it. HAH!

So, on to the class activities for the day! Warm up, today, was also quite interesting. Mr. Rey had us jumping and running and crawling like crazy people. I was actually, jumping around and waving my arms in the air. I think I looked a lot like a nutjob but who the hell cares right? Then, we had to be drunkards trying to walk in a straight line. I was walking all funny and wonky. I talked with a drunken slur and was like "I'm okay. I'm okay. Then, next thing I knew, I was tripping over my own legs and falling onto the ground. After that... we had to be burglars and I crouched and became wary of my surroundings. Then, I pretended to hear a sound and my eyes went all big and shit. Then... we had to partner with someone. I partnered with Celine and we were both burglars together. We squatted down low and pretended like we were if we didn't do it right, we were both going to get caught. It was quite fun actually... sneaking around and poking about. Acting as though, we were hiding behind shrubs and thick greenery or behind walls. Reminds me of my childhood when I played "make belief". Ahhh.... those were the days. : ))

Then Mr. Rey got us to do something else with another partner, like pick a scene and someone just start it. I partnered with Muhammad. We did something like him trying to coax me to jump over a bench and me reluctant to do so. Honestly... it was a boring scene... but what the heck. Then... we were told to freeze on the spot and crowd around Adam and Valerie because they had something interesting going on. Adam was standing and Valerie was behind him, hugging him on the waist and not letting go. From the looks of things, Adam was rejecting Valerie's love. I remember thinking "Damn!! This is scandalous." So... yes... I was right. Adam WAS rejecting Valerie's love. Later... Mr. Rey yelled freeze and someone else had to come in and completely change the scene. I remember Teck Sern coming in and being this guy who's rejecting Adam in being gay. Adam was trying to come on to him and he kept saying no. Then, I came in as this girl who's rejecting Adam's touch and pushing him away. Then, later, Celine came in and went all "You stole my bf???" But then... Mr. Rey didn't want to much gf bf thing so... he said... "let's try something diff. Okay?". And he changed the scene to me and Celine being stuck in the middle of nowhere. I was like "So, what are we going to do now?" and we got into a slight argument. Then... later it got to the part where Lih Seng became my dad who was asking me about this random boy and he was going to punish me and I begged him not to in our Malaysian accent. Then... later... it got to Celine and Valerie in McD's and Valerie being the nasty customer who's giving Celine a hard time. So... there were a lot of other scene's that happened but I'm not gonna describe them all cuz my post is gonna be as long as hell. I'm gonna skip right to the part where I talk about what I've learned. The thing is... I suck at impromptu's. Yes... I'm not even gonna try and soften the blow to myself here. I SUCK at impromptu's. Why? Simply because I think too fucking much. I don't know how many times I've told myself not to think so much and to just jump at it and DO IT but I never listen to myself. When I think, I worry about what I'm going to do, what I'm going to say, how I'm going to work that pose and then... Omg, am I going to look stupid in that? -_______- I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who thought about her every move. Other people thought too much as well. The other thing is... we kept saying "no" to each other. Almost every boring scene, every bad scene had someone saying no to someone. It worked when people say "yes" to each other. So, I am now, going to slap my self in the head for thinking too much and rejecting. I am going to slap myself and make sure I do better next time.

Mental note : FOR GOD'S SAKE... STOP THINKING SO MUCH AND JUST DO IT.

Next thing that happened was the performances. Mr. Rey gave us 10 minutes to practice and we did. Unfortunately, there was this part that required Adam to curl my hair. He curled my hair on the brush side and it got caught and tangled. It got so tangled and Adam didn't know how to get it out so we had to ask Celine. Mr. Rey was in front... he just smiled... and laughed. Meanie. Anyway... we managed to get my hair out but the practice had to get cut short so, Adam and I didn't get to finish our practice. As the meanie, Mr. Rey made US go first. *cry*

OBJECT EXERCISE 



Who am I : I am Leanne Sandman, a rising star in show business. I am cocky, stuck up, rude and unpleasant to be with. Most of the time, I have a frown on my face and my nose up high. I get very unhappy if things don’t go my way.
Where am I : I am in my dressing room, backstage. I am seated on my chair in front of my makeup table and mirror.
What time is it : It is 3 hours before my show. There is still time, so I am in my dressing room waiting to get my hair done.
What surrounds me : My makeup table, my pet poodle on my lap, the script that I’m reading and my dressing room is full of girly whatnots.
What are my relationships : My relationship with my annoying, gay hairstylist is a hostile one because he keeps trying to upstage me before my show and trying to show off his performance skills in front of me when I know I’m the best.
What are the given circumstances : I take pride in my good looks and my showmanship. It is 3 hours before the show and I want to look my best at the same time, I want to revise my script.
What do I want : I want to revise my script and look good. I want to stay focused before my show.
What is in my way : My annoying, gay hairstylist is purposely trying to upstage me by creating all sorts of diversions and singing as if he’s better than I am. He also burns my hair which makes me look bad and pisses me off at the same time.
What do I do to get what I want : I stop being lenient with him and yell at him to show him whose boss and then, I storm off. 

BEATS

Leanne is in her dressing room, backstage. She's reading her script and trying to get focused before her performance and she'strokes her pet poodle. Her hairstylist walks in without knocking on the door and completely ignores her. She doesn't like that. He gives her a dirty look because he's jealous of her fame and she gives him a dirty look for being disrespectful. After a while, they look away. He comes over to her and proceeds to comb her hair. She gets tired of holding her poodle. 

Leanne : Hold my poodle. 
He doesn't hear her. 
Leanne : HOLD MA' POODLE!!
He hears her and gladly holds her poodle because it's cute. 
He talks to the animal. 
Adam : Would you go out with me on Saturday? No? I hate your guts. 
He says so in a cute tone. 
Leanne : *Ahem*
He puts the dog down and continues to comb her hair. 
He pulls onto her hair and she has to jerk her head. 
Adam looks out the window and says 
Adam : Wow! The car just took a corner at 100m/h. 
Leanne looks at the mirror to see where he's looking at and follows his gaze at the window. 
The curler Adam is holding, burns her scalp. 
Leanne : AHH!! 
She jerks to the front and glares at Adam. 
Adam : Ooops. Why game is so fun to play with. Heheheh. 
He mocks her. 
He, then, goes to the table to get some stuff. 
Leanne checks her hair for damage. 
Leanne : Have you taken your pills yet??? 
Adam starts singing : I enjoy singing in the shower
He squirts water in her face and dances around. 
Leanne : What did you have for lunch???
He comes close to her. 
Adam : I look into the mirror. 
Leanne has enough of his nonsense. 
Leanne : I'm about to go on stage!!!!
Adam gives up trying to piss her off and sits her down for finishing touches. 
Leanne sits down. 
Adam : Enter, Sandman. 
Leanne gives him a glare, picks up her dog and leaves. 

So... I think that should give you a rough idea of how we did it. Mr. Rey said it was okay... but could be better cuz he didn't think we were backstage, we looked more like we were in a hair saloon. So, we redid it together while everyone was watching and this time, instead of him coming in, I come in as this diva and I just pass him the dog. Then... while he's talking about the car travelling at 100m/h, he drags me by my hair to see the car as well. There were a lot of changes that could have been made... but overall... I guess it was still sorta okay. : ))  


No comments:

Post a Comment