Wednesday 21 March 2012

Hold ma' poodle

I fully intended to wear my leopard printed dress this morning. I really did, until SHE... came along. I swear... if there's one person in the house who can ruin my mood that early in the day, it's... my mother. For some reason, she woke up bloody early this morning and I'm thinking... "Shit. How am I gonna get past her with this dress on?". You see... the dress is short in the front but long at the back. The front might be a little short but it's perfect for me. I happen to think it's a very pretty dress but evidently, my mom didn't like it. First thing she does is... sneak open my door and peep in (I hate it when she does that. It's like she's trying to spy on me). She says "Why are you wearing so nicely? It's just college." She takes a good look at the rest of my dress and goes "Why is it so short?" in a very disapproving tone and that bitch face. I hate it when she does that. I'M FREAKIN' 19. If I don't wear short skirts now, do I wait till I'm 50??? She thinks if I wear short stuff, I'll look like a whore and I'll give out the wrong kind of message. Well, then... all the girls at my age must be whores then because they wear punier outfits compared to me. Mother, I'll wear whatever I want, short and pretty or not.


This is roughly what my dress looks like except the back is shorter to about calf level.
I know this has nothing to do with the class entry but I just felt like sharing it. 


Anyway... class time! Today's class had it's craziness and awkward moments which I'll soon get into. For warm up today, we did something different! We played tag! So, obviously, the person who gets tagged has to tag another. It was so exciting! I kept trying to avoid getting tagged by running away. The problem is... when I get excited, I squeal like a little girl and because I was running, I was breathing quite hard. I think I sounded like Darth Vader in his mask. I also think I squealed the loudest. Whooops. Hahahahah! I got tagged 3 times too! Twice, by Lih Seng (I think). After the individual tagging, we did the group tagging. As in, after a person is tagged, that person has to join hands with the tagger and tag other people. It was so scary!! The more people got tagged, the longer the line of joined hands were! I was one of the last few people who got tagged but Wilson was the last. I tagged Filza! She ran till she fell. Poor girl. Anyway... after that, I was sweating like mad and panting. Urghh... need to get fitter.


So, after the little warm up game of tag, we sat down for a chat. Mr. Rey asked if we had any plays in mind. Neither Adam nor I put up our hands and I don't know why we didn't but... we do actually have plays in mind. We chosen a few plays already... "Eye to eye" and some other play which names I've forgotten. I swear... I will remember them Mr. Rey... I will. Just... can't recall them now. HAHAHAH! Anyway.... after that, we got into our final groups and Mr. Rey got us to write random little lines like, the name of a movie or song. An exclamation sentence.... you know... random stuff. We put the little lines into a bag and yes... Mr. Rey picked them out one by one. This is what we got. 

Gurl! Hold ma' poodle. 
Will you go out with me on Saturday?
I hate your guts.
The car just took a corner at 100 m/h 
What the hell!
Why is game so fun to play with.
Have you taken your pills yet?
I enjoy singing in the bathroom. 
What did you have for lunch?
I look into the mirror. 
I'm about to go on stage.
Enter Sandman. 

Make sense together??? I think not. And yes... the moment he gave the lines to us... Adam and I were like... "He's gonna make us act them out, isn't he." And true enough... HE DID. I went "The fuck? The lines don't even make sense!" I mean... some of them did when put together but... the last few???? WHOAAAA. But we're like... 



Anyway... Adam and I went into a corner like everybody else and began to say the lines. No feeling, no tone... nada. Just pure reading. Then... I was the high status character saying the A parts and Adam was the low status saying the B parts. So, I come in as this prima donna actress who goes "Hold ma' poodle!" in the bitchiest tone ever. Adam's my male bitch who's trying to ask me out on a date but I don't give him two shits of my time. Then, we switched and he was the high status one. I'd say the weirdest part of the day that I felt was the lover part. Cuz... Adam and I had to come WAY close and whisper to each other and it was a little uncomfortable for me but I could feel the love going on. Like... we weren't just... acting... we were reacting. 


THE HEIGHT OF THE DAY was when Mr. Rey said that I was doing well in one of our testing scenes. I was supposed to be A, the one who tries to comfort B, who's upset. It was good because, I wasn't just acting... I was reacting. I was affecting him and letting my words sink into him. I wasn't just having a conversation. He was also affecting me. Whatever he said, I had to react to. So... it was a very give and take thing... and it was good. 

LIKE YAY!!! MR. REY SAID IT WAS GOOD... WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! 


I was so happy I could run into a wall. 

We also had to try this thing where we go into different corners of the room and shout at each other. Everyone was shouting but I think I was the loudest cuz... my voice was slightly higher... and piercing. HAHAHAH!!! I couldn't hear Adam... but I knew his lines... so... yeah... I got them anyway. The whispering part was funny cuz... I kept trying to think of gestures to come up with for what word... and I end up looking stupid. HAHAHAH. 


So... basically, for the next performance, we're gonna have to use those random lines to make a whole new skit. Adam and I actually have some idea... just a matter of perfecting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment