Wednesday 22 February 2012

Stares

I don't know when this movie was made and I forgot who made it but I was watching this awesome movie in class yesterday and it's called American History X. It's the story of this teenager named Danny who's gotten himself into a whole lot of trouble because his brother, Derek. Derek is like... the hero of this anti-black gang. Sort of like the KKK. Then... shit hit the fan and his brother got thrown into jail for murdering 2 blacks who tried to jack his car. While Derek is in jail, he cleans up his act and learns that black people aren't that bad. Danny, however, is growing up wrong, what with the gang and all. His teacher gets him to write an essay about his brother to get to know what his brother was really like. At the same time, his brother gets out of jail, a good man now and tries to tell Danny not to go near the gang. He explains to Danny exactly what had happened to him in jail and that... it's worthless being pissed and mad. Derek had wasted 3 years of his life in that shit sty, all for the gang. Danny understands and he accepts that his brother wants change. Unfortunately... Danny dies because some black kid shot him twice. I was so sad at that point... and then... his brother comes in and screams for Danny... That was the part where I cried sooo freakin' much. It's so touching... plus, it gets you thinking and you learn not to be mad all your life because it's never gonna get you anywhere.

AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!  Plus... there was plenty of sex, vulgar words, violence and sodomy in it. JUST MY THING!!! HAHAHAHH!!!!

So... anyway... back to the main point of this post. Last class was really... really... REALLY fun. At first it was of course the early morning briefing given  by Mr. Rey. He talked about the next assignment and basically, all that we needed to know about it. Then... he said the next assignment was to be done in pairs. Like... with a partner. I was thinking "Damn... that's nice!! FINALLY!!". Hahahahaha. So, we got up and did our warm up... as always. Then... Mr. Rey got us into pairs. I paired up with Celine at first. Then, Mr. Rey got us to chase each other's asses literally... and try to smack it. I teased Celine to come get my ass. There were times when she managed to slap it and when she missed. I remember giving her ass a big slap and I made a lot of girly screaming noises too. We had loads of fun trying to get each others butt.

Then... we switched partners. This time... I was with Lycel. Being with Lycel was slightly... difficult. She looked so prim and proper and the non-violent type that I kind of hesitated when it came to hitting her ass cuz I was afraid I might hurt her. We were just going around in circles and it was a little awkward cuz neither of us wanted to be violent and launch ourselves at each other. See... this is what happens with nice girls. XDDDD. We had to do it slow motion too. So, there was once when Lycel came to slap my ass really slowly and I bent all the way backwards to avoid it. It was cool. I imagined it looking like the matrix thing. XDDDD Although I know it probably doesn't look a thing like it. Then... I paired up with Adam and Weilim. Two guys... just because Mr. Rey wouldn't let us pair with the same sex. We were supposed to continue slapping asses in slow motion but... doing it sexily. I did this sexy walking... and the guys came to slap my ass. I also did this thing where I rubbed my butt on Weilim from his calf to his thigh and he slapped my butt. HAHAHAH! But... I did think it was a little awkward cuz... most of the time... the guys didn't know where to put themselves and I think being sexy with each other for them was very... unpleasant. HAHAHAHAH.

Then... came... violence. Now... THAT was fun but we had to do it slow motion which is hard cuz... everyone wants to be fast with violence. Adam and Weilim were pretty much punching and kicking each other while slapping asses. I pushed Weilim and he fell very slowwwwllyyyyy. Then... when Weilim was on the ground, I fell on top of him and rolled over him. It was quite fun actually for me. I sped up for quite a few times but unknowingly. I seriously did not even realize I was speeding up untill Mr. Rey warned me and I was like... "Oh... daaammmnnn." The ending was the kill. Both Weilim and me went on top of Adam and we 'killed' him. I literally sat on Adam and sort of strangled him. So, he 'died' on the ground and Weilim and I stood and watched. EPIC SCENE!!!!

The thing that we all understood about the exercise was obviously... team work. You can't expect to make great things happen when you don't work as a team. There's also the need to give and take. There always has to be someone that takes the slap and someone that gives the slap. Where's the fun in always trying to cover your ass (like our political leaders... GASP! I didn't say that.). The other thing is, the negative and positive spaces. We found little, little spots where we could fit into when we were doing things in slow mo and that made things look better cause we organised for it to happen. We were also uncomfortable with the sexy part, I think because it's not something we do everyday and it's not something encouraged especially between boys.

The next thing that happened was actually very relaxing. We were told to lie down and just... let our bodies go... one by one. Honestly... I was so relaxed till I felt like I was about to go to sleep. Thankfully, we got up... and got into pairs again. This time, I paired with Valerie. We were asked to just look at each other. Just stare and notice our little actions. I don't know why... maybe I'm the staring type but... when I stared at Valerie, I stared at her SO HARD that if I closed my eyes, I could see her negative. I stared so hard that I stared through her. HAHAHA! Obviously, this was uncomfortable for Valerie. She felt awkward and looked away sometimes. At times when she looked away, I would snap out of my staring state and look at something else too but the other times, I would just continue staring till I could see her negative. Then... I realized that I stared so hard I forgot to breathe. Only when Valerie looked away did I realize that I needed air. XDDDD Then, I also noticed that once I'm frozen to a spot... I really don't move. I'm like a freakin' stone. I only move when she does. Towards the end, the staring stopped a bit. I started shuffling a bit, shifting positions because my back hurt and I started to feel bored. I also stared Valerie to sleep. I poked her on her leg to make sure she didn't nod off. Hahahahahah. I'm SUCH a good stare-er. The point of this exercise, I think, was to be sensitive to little changes. How if one action happens, it affects another action.

No comments:

Post a Comment