Sunday 19 February 2012

Frustrated at myself





First of all... I'd like to just let you know that this blog will be a rather short one because my internet connection is very limited and I need to hurry somewhere. Never the less, I will try to cover all the things we've done in the last class... excuse me if I miss somethings. 

So... anyway... before class, everyone was talking about what they were gonna do. Their story lines, their roles and stuff like that. We actually forgot that class was supposed to start at 8.30am, so most of us came an hour early. XDDD We actually used the time for bonding. I found out that Teck Sern liked anime a lot and so does Celine. I'm a retired anime fan but... I've still got some of the fever left in me. We talked about how anime has changed and how Animax (A channel on Astro) doesn't show good anime like it used to. Back then... we had Law of Ueki and Fushigi Yuugi (Which had Celine and I going into a fan girl scream) and all sorts of awesome things. Now, we have Hayate the Combat Butler and Letter Bee which, excuse me, SUCKS BALLS. We complained about how Animax has lost it's touch and how we were disappointed in it's choice of cartoons to show. The only consolation from Animax was the cartoon Fairytail. Otherwise, we'd have boycotted it.

After more bonding with the other members of the class, we got down to business. Mr. Rey came in and talked a little about what we were going to do. He reminded us about the rules of the assignment like the time limit and all and also the beats. He explained to us what he expected us to do and we listened.... intently. Like good Asian children. Hahahaha. After that... we warmed up. We did the normal things like... walking around the space but we also went over our acts in our heads as to get ready for the real thing. I, myself, walked into the center and sort of just... stood there to get an idea of what I needed to take into consideration. For example, the limited space, the wideness and the blocks and table I would use. All in all, the warm up was very helpful. Helped me get myself together.

Before I get into the short act, I'm gonna talk about my rehearsal and my coming up with this idea. 


So, this idea spawned from last semester when I constantly struggled to find time to complete my essays. I start with just me on my table and chair, trying to finish this essay that I'm finding so hard to do. I get my cup of coffee which is just right next to me but I realize that it's empty. So... shit. I put it back. I get up to get my notes for some kind of inspiration. However, as my books and files are perched precariously on top of one another so when I bend to pick one up, the others topple over onto the ground. I have to then bend to pick the damn books up and again, place them on the little block. I flip my book open very roughly and after a few page flips, I accidentally tear a page because of my rough handling. This tearing part, I decided to do WITHOUT because it is so hard to tear a page properly. When I practiced, I either tore too much or too little. It got so hard to control the tearing of the paper besides, it didn't look very believable. So, instead of tearing, I thought, "what if I can't find the damn page?" because it always happens to me. So, after flipping through several pages, I realize, I can't find the page I want. Then, I go flipping through every other page in my other book and files. After trying desperately, I realize that I've left my notes in college. So... shit. I go back to my laptop. I decide to take a break to get more coffee. I practiced this over and over again for MORE than 2 hours I think. I tore so many pages from a book while trying to practice the tearing part, only to have the idea discarded. There was a lot of issues with timing and everything but I managed to make it right. During the rehearsals, my grandmom was in the room. She wasn't giving comments or whatever, she was just trying to sleep because she bunks with me when she comes over. So, the poor old lady was trying to sleep with the lights on while I'm busy thrashing away at my props. Not a very considerate granddaughter am I? Well... I rehearsed some more and I finally got the timing right, made a few adjustments as to where the block and table should be on the real day and went to bed.  I was feeling pretty confident about it and I had good feelings. 


So... To answer the main questions. 
Who am I : I am Leanne who is a student that loves to procrastinate. I've been procrastinating all my life and I don't think I've come anywhere close to stopping. 


Where am I : I am in my room. As cliche as it is... but it's true. My room is where I normally do all my work.


What time is it : It is sleeping time but I'm still up doing my essay. 


What surrounds me : My room and all of it's contents like the table, chair, laptop, coffee mug and books.


What are my relationships : I have a relationship with my laptop and my coffee mug because I'm trying to complete my work. Then, I have a relationship with my books and files because I have trouble looking for my notes. 


What are the given circumstances : I need to finish my essay as soon as possible. 


What do I want :  I want to finish my essay.


What is in my way : My coffee mug is empty which means, without coffee, I can't stay awake for long. I try to find my notes but I realize they're at college. 


What do I do to get what I want : I decide to take a break and go downstairs for a cup of coffee before I come back up to continue. 


I hope that answers all the questions. 

So, when I actually performed the whole thing. It went quite well... just as I had rehearsed. But... it still wasn't good enough. Apparently, I had expected the mug to be empty before I even knew it was empty. My display of emotions were somewhat unbelievable and stuff that I had failed to act out. So, basically, it was a fail. And I was kind of pissed because I had rehearsed so bloody hard and changed ideas so many times and the result sucked. Fuck man. I felt like my efforts were wasted. I'm not blaming anyone... I'm just saying that I feel very stupid after going up. Never the less.... sigh.... I will try again. At least I didn't do something completely stupid. Still... I'm disspointed at myself.

I will remember not to anticipate and not to do act out emotions.

Anyway... the next assignment is a phone call. 45 secs to a minute. I hope I don't fuck this one up too.
Goddamn... I really don't wanna fuck it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment