Monday 30 April 2012

Just to goddamn pissed

This is a continuation from the post below. Just that I'm posting about a different day.

I'm not going to waste time so... it's going to be short and sweet.

The previous class was supposed to be my group's one on one time with Mr. Rey so that he could help us with the scene readings and all. Unfortu-freaking-nately, our group was last and didn't have much time. What he did with us did help a lot even in that short time. I realized from the last lesson that we weren't using the words properly. That... we had to use the words like bullets because we were lawyers and that everything's a competition. As usual, Muhammad was mumbling and not enunciating. I swear... the more I listen to his sloppy way of speaking, the more I want to slap him and scream "Would it hurt to speak clearer cuz I'm sitting right next to you and I CAN'T HEAR SHIT!!!!". He talks with this slur... oh god. But... anyway... with what little time we had with Mr. Rey, I learnt that we needed to use the words more efficiently and that we had to get our characters straight. What did we want from everything we said? What did it mean when we said it? You know... things like that. The play was about status. Like... who tops who? Who makes it out there? Who gets the job? I took everything in and digested it like yummy food. Sweet sweet, yummy food. 

So... This post is going to be about our first full dress rehearsal in class. I was all lawyered and shit. I brought my blazer, I wore my little black dress and black heels. I wore all black. HAHAHAH. Cuz I think black is sexy, mysterious and corporate and that is what Sherry Kramer is. Muhammad came with a sort of casual long sleeved shirt that looked very out of place and pants that looked even more out of place. I didn't really say much cuz... what's the point. There's no way he can change into anything else. Adam however was spot on. Very nice suit and shirt... only problem was his canvas shoes and jeans pants but otherwise... He looked smokin'. And I'm not kidding. He's hot. Okay... I'm gonna stop now. XDDD

So... waiting for our turn was actually quite nerve wrecking because we didn't know how we were gonna do. I mean... it was a JUST a rehearsal but I was worried cuz... we have never actually gotten proper attention from Mr. Rey like the OTHERS did so, I don't know bout' Muhammad but I was worried. I know Adam was too.  I don't know how Muhammad does it... but he's chilled about EVERYTHING... and I don't mean that in a good way.

After watching a few acts... it was our turn. We set our own stage and got ready. We started on set and did our thing! It went as rehearsed... possibly better since we were a little more prepared... I guess. I don't know. After that... we just... went back and sat down. Nothing more could be done. I didn't think we did that badly... perhaps because Adam and I didn't know HOW to improve the play anymore... we were just stuck. Whenever we had practices, it was not really fruitful because we would spend our time... either waiting for Muhammad or taking our time to get warmed up. I don't know why but... it's just so hard to work right when Muhammad's around. He also has this very laid back character. He's very slow and does everything slowly and even speaks slowly. His low, very very low energy just rubs off on us and making us feel shitty. He always looks bored too and that rubs off on us as well. So, we get bored easily. I dunno bout Adam but on me... Muhammad's very bored, very low energy attitude really rubbed off on me. I did NOT enjoy practices with Muhammad and Adam cuz... It was always the same unproductivity. I doubt it had ANYTHING to do with Adam cuz... when we talk and bounce ideas off each other, they come fast... but then, when we do it with Muhammad... it becomes... Frustratingly lazy and slow. I have no idea why. The chemistry between us 3 was NEVER there. Plus... lack of attention from Mr. Rey was not doing much good. Anyway... main point is... I thought we were OKAY... cuz... I didn't know what else to do with the play. I was stumped. I didn't know what to do with us... with him. 

Turns out... our play was worse than we thought. Mr. Rey didn't like it at all. We were headed for a  LOW C. 
A LOW C.... 

WHAT     THE      FUCK

WHAT     THE      FUCK

WHAT     THE      FUCK 

We were THAT bad??????? I kept asking myself that question over and over. I wasn't angry at Mr. Rey... why would I be? I was angry at myself for not making it work... I was angry at myself for letting Muhammad slip. Cuz... he was like... the worst among Adam and I. I mean... obviously, Adam and I weren't really at our best either but at least we were almost there given the unproductivity during practices... but Muhammad was just... GONE. Not even close! I realize that I'm putting my blame on him... but really... he needed to get his act together. I don't know HOW many times I've told him to GET into his character... to really KNOW his character. He kept telling me that he KNEW but REALLY??? I didn't see that. 

LOW C

My heart was crushed and scattered on the ground. 

LOW C

Okay... I'm going to stop blaming... and just move on. Adam was actually quite displeased about the whole thing as well. I mean... we're hardworking pupils... we come to class all the time and we're dedicated!!! 
WE WANT A's!!! NOT A GODDAMN C!!!!!

Something had to be done... SOMETHING. AND SOON... because we were running out of time. We were just pissed.
Too goddamn pissed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment