Thursday 3 May 2012

The finals

So... now that I've gotten the rehearsal stuff and all the other things out of the way. It's time to talk about the finals.

Finals day was well... it started off very hectic. Everybody was all over the place and I was backstage folding the leaflets to be handed out to the people who were coming. We were supposed to do bump and tech and we did. We even stuck colored papers on the ground to help the crew determine what objects to place where and for which group. After that, I helped Eric with his script because there were some lines that he needed to remember. I even helped him with his intonation because I felt that his character could be so much more funnier but... somehow, it wasn't because he wasn't really exploring enough. So, I helped, so did Adam and Celine. Then, the 101's came into do their full dress rehearsal so... they needed the space and silence from us. So, we all got pushed to the backstage waiting room and just sat there, all constricted but we practiced anyway with what little space we had. : ))


Then... after everything was done. It was about 12... I think. And... I actually overlooked the time so, I missed Ms. Parvinder's Sociology class. Haha. Whooops. Sorry bout' that, miss... I got too caught up in my business. Then, Celine and I went to grab lunch. Celine, Nick and I went down to Mekong House and had a full lunch which was very nice and very filling. For me at least, cuz I was absolutely bloated. For some reason, I wasn't nervous at all. I was pretty sure that I'd be nervous later though.


After that, I went to the library with Celine and Nick to see if they had any of the New York Times newspaper for me to borrow for one day for my play. But... no... sadly, the library did NOT have a hardcopy of the New York Times newspaper. All the had was the online one. : (( Oh well. After that, Celine and Nick left, I stayed behind in the computer room. I was supposed to update my theater blog but I ended up wasting my time on Facebook because I had SO MANY e-mails from Facebook. Oh God.


Anyway... I went back to the Experimental Theater at around 2 something, close to 3 to help the 101's out. I was the usher and was in charged of the door. Letting people in and out. I was supposed to be the house master. I have a question though, why call my position a house manager when all I do is take care of the people coming in and out of the doors and passing them fliers. I think a better name would be door master. Anyway, I took my job seriously. I was honestly very tired but I'm pretty sure that the rest were too, so I sucked it up and made sure I got it right. After a while more, the actors were ready and the doors would open. I let the people in and passed them fliers. I felt like the door girl who'd constantly say "Hello. Please enjoy the show." like it was her mantra or something. Zong helped me too. He helped a lot. To my surprise, there weren't a lot of people coming for 101's performance... for some reason. I think it's to do with the fact that some people still had classes and couldn't make it. But it's okay. As long as there was a show. : ))


Theater 101's performance was a really good one actually. WAY better than what they had been earlier. In fact, I actually thought that their performance was sweet, funny and very comical. However, the last part was quite touching. After the people went out of the experimental theater, the 101's stayed back to help the 102's, that's us, so that we could go get changed. I went backstage and said to myself  "Show time". How corny is that. XDDD But anyway... I changed into my outfit and put on my make up. Then... all that was left to do was wait. Actually while putting on my make up in the girl's changing room, I heard a lot of the plays that were going on outside. Some were really loud... like Lycelle and Sam's play and Filza and Weilim's play. I heard Filza going "MY HOME!!!" all the way from inside the changing room and it was scary. I was like... "DAMN! What the hell was that??" But then I realized it was just Filza. HAHAH! 


When it was finally my turn and Adam's turn, we were nervous to the core. Well... I don't know about Adam... but I know I WAS. I was feeling the anxiety come over me and it wasn't a nice feeling. I kept my cool and behaved the way Alex would... as in... to get into character. I actually played pretend argue with Adam just so we could get into character before the performance. When the stage was finally set up and all, it was our turn to shine. So, we went up on stage and did our thing. 


Our curtain call was ON FIRE. Hahahah! After I did my "Shhhhhh" thing, the crowd went crazy. I was like... "YAY!" in my head. But... honestly... I feel I did better in my rehearsal. I don't know... maybe it's just me... but I felt I did better during rehearsals. I wasn't so nervous then. Oh well... all I can do now is wait for Mr. Rey's verdict. 


After everything was done. All of us actors and crew came out for a final curtain call and it was beautiful... like finally... it's over! I don't know why but I felt sad and happy at the same time.

Here's what I would have said :  


Thank you guys for believing in Adam and I. If you people hadn't believed in us, I don't think we would have dropped Muhammad to be as good as we were. Thank you so much, Mr. Rey for teaching me things that I couldn't have learned elsewhere. I don't have anymore subjects to take with you so... I'm going to miss you and your quotes. I've been under you for 3 sems in a row, Mr. Rey. 3 sems in a row! I hope I've made you proud. AND YOU, ADAM!!! Thank you for being one of the best partners a girl could ever hope for. I'm sorry if I've ever annoyed you or something. I'M REALLY REALLY PROUD OF YOU ADAM. I'M PROUD OF US FOR MAKING IT THIS FAR. CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF US, MAN. I LOVE U and ALL OF YOU!!! THEATER 102 ROCKS!!!!! 

After everything was said and done, we took pictures and signed the brochures that we gave out to people. I took 2 brochures actually. One for signing and one which was the original. hahahahah. 


Celine honey... you make one hot mama. : )) 


Backstage... clearing up. That's Filza... btw. : )) 


Just chatting after finals. : )) 


Signing each other's booklets. : )


Adam. My partner.
My sexy husband, Corey. : )) 


Lycelle... the girl who stripped and gave everyone a hard on. : )) 

No comments:

Post a Comment